After playing with a few Gatsby starters, the best design I could come up with was:
It worked but was highly simplistic and did not cater to a great user experience.
Adding TailwindUI to my Gatsby site was dead easy.
Once configured, all I had to do was decide which components to use to build my site. I settled on:
- the Hero section for my homepage
- a 3-column card for my blog section
- a single column content section for my articles
- and a footer with navigation links and a newsletter form from which I removed the i18n form since I only write in English
Getting to a good-looking responsive web design was as simple as that! I would have never been able to get here so fast on my own, for which I am thrilled to have bought TailwindUI. Hiring someone to design my site from scratch would have cost way more (both money and time) than what I spent so far.
It's a known fact that most projects fail before a name is chosen or a logo is designed; at least, that's what happened to me on multiple occasions! Since this is my site, I didn't have a naming problem, but I did consider how to procure a logo. I have fallen prey to this problem in the past and decided for this project to not let myself make the same mistake again.
A quick search led me to LogoMaker.com. After playing around with a few options, I landed on the one I'm currently using. It is not perfect, but it will do me well for a long time. Spending too much time on finding 'the perfect logo,' too early in the audience-building process, is time best spent elsewhere!
Once I had a logo, I also needed a favicon, for which I used Favicon Generator.
Thank you and see you next time!